Updated: September 1, 2017
This Policy describes the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you access, visit, use and/or interact with any of our websites (including, without limitation, www.rapportboost.ai) (“Websites”), products (“Products”) and services (“Services”).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then your choice is not to use our Websites, Products or Services. By accessing, interacting with or using our Websites, Products or Services, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our Websites, Products or Services after we make changes to this Policy is deemed to be acceptance of such changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates. In particular, except as set forth herein, this Policy applies to information that we collect:
- On or through our Websites, Products and Services;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and us;
- Through mobile and desktop applications that you download from, or that are offered by us; and/or
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services that link to this Policy, including through social media sites and services.
This Policy does not apply to information collected:
- By us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party;
- By any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Websites, Products or Services; or
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company, through the Company’s platforms or our other subscription Products or Services, which enable Subscribers (as defined below) to, among other things, utilize our Products and Services to interact with individuals. For purposes of this Policy, the term “Subscriber” shall mean an individual or entity that has subscribed to, entered into a written agreement for, or has purchased, Products and/or Services. Our security and privacy practices, including how we protect, collect and use electronic data, text, messages, communications and other materials and information submitted to and stored within our Websites, Products or Services by Subscribers, are governed by the applicable agreement between Subscriber and the Company related to such Subscriber’s access to and use of such Products or Services. Subscribers are solely responsible for establishing their own policies for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations relating to the collection of information, including, without limitation, in connection with the use of our Websites, Products and Services. We collect information under the direction of our Subscribers, or we may be provided with information by our Subscribers, and we have no relationship with the individuals whose information we may collect, process or receive in connection with such Subscribers’ use of our Websites, Products or Services or such individuals’ interaction with Subscribers through our Websites, Products or Services. If you are an individual who interacts with a Subscriber using our Websites, Products or Services, then you should contact such Subscriber for assistance with or questions regarding your personal information.
No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to or through our Websites, Products or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information through our Websites, Products or services or on or through any related features, register on or for our Websites, Products or services, make any purchases through our Websites, Products or services, use any of the interactive, chat or public comment features of our Websites, Products or services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, then we will delete such information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, then please contact us at info (at) rapportboost.ai.
Information That We Collect About You and How We Collect It
As described further herein, we may collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, Products and Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment and technology that you use to access our Websites, Products and Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through, interact with or use our Websites, Products and Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, location details and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and affiliates.
Information That You Provide to Us
The information that we collect on or through our Websites, Products and Services may include:
- Information that you provide to us, including by filling in forms on or through our Websites, Products or Services and/or through communication or chat tools and features of the Websites, Products or Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, Products or Services, subscribing to one or more of our Websites, Products or Services, posting material to, requesting further Products or Services through our Websites, Products or Services and interacting with our Websites, Products or Services. We also may ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and/or when you report a problem with our Websites, Products or Services or request customer support;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys or questions that we might ask you to complete, including for research, commercial or other purposes;
- Details of transactions that you carry out through our Websites, Products or Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites, Products or Services;
- Your search queries on or through our Websites, Products or services; and
- Information that you share through social media sites and profiles that interact with and/or connect to the Website, Products or Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our Websites, Products or Services, or transmitted to other users of our Websites, Products or Services or third parties, including, without limitation, third-party affiliates and services providers (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to the Websites, Products and Services and others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain portions of our Websites, Products or Services or information, you acknowledge and agree that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Websites, Products or Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed or accessed by unauthorized persons, and you are solely responsible for your User Contributions.
Information That We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you use, navigate through and interact with our Websites, Products and Services, we may use automatic data and information collection technologies in order to collect certain data and information about you and your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to, interactions with, or use of our Websites, Products or Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Websites, Products and Services; and/or
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, usage details, including device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, device identifiers, device locations, including specific geographic locations (such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals) and connection information, such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language and time zone.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information that we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties, including, without limitation, Subscribers. It helps us to improve our Websites, Products and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites, Products and Services according to your individual interests;
- Facilitate your use of and interaction with our Websites, Products and Services;
- Speed up your searches; and/or
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites, Products and Services.
The technologies that we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites, Products or Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites, Products or Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Our Websites, Products and Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail or other communication and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, then you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may collect information through the use of social media features, widgets, or interactive mini-programs that run on our Websites, Products or Services. Your use and interaction with such features, widgets or mini-programs are governed by the respective privacy policies of the third parties that provide them. We also may obtain information, including personal information, from third party services and combine such information with information that we collect or receive through our Websites, Products or Services. By authorizing us to connect with such third party services, you authorize us to access and store the information that such third party services make available to us, and to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for many reasons, including:
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve and promote our Websites, Products and Services;
- Enable you to access, use and interact with our Websites, Products and Services, and third-party services and offerings;
- To present our Websites, Products and Services and related content to you and our Subscribers;
- To provide you and our Subscribers with information, Products or Services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, as applicable, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Websites, Products or Services or that we offer or provide;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites, Products or Services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We also may use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods, products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, then please discontinue using our Websites, Products and Services).
We may use the information that we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about you and our other users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We also may disclose personal information that we collect or receive or that you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We also may share information, including personal information, with our third-party service providers, including, without limitation, service providers that provide hosting, maintenance and development services for our Websites, Products and Services and backup, storage, payment processing, analytics and other services.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information that you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, then you can opt-out by e-mailing us at info (at) rapportboost.ai, deleting your account, or stopping all use of the Websites, Products and Services.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, then you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to info (at) rapportboost.ai. If we have sent to you a promotional e-mail, then you may send to us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product or service purchase, warranty registration, product or service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, then you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to info (at) rapportboost.ai and stopping all use of the Websites, Products and Services.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Correcting, Updating and Removing Your Information
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or, and subject to our confidentiality obligations, process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to info (at) rapportboost.ai. Subscribers may update or change their account information by editing their account profile or organization record or by contacting info (at) rapportboost.ai. To make a request to have personal information maintained by us returned to you or removed, then please e-mail info (at) rapportboost.ai.
If you seek access to, or want to correct, amend, or delete inaccuracies in your personal information stored or processed by us on behalf of a Subscriber, then you should direct your query to such Subscriber. Upon receipt of a request from a Subscriber for us to correct, amend or delete data, we typically respond to their request within thirty (30) days. However, you acknowledge and agree that we will retain personal information that we store and process on behalf of our Subscribers for as long as needed to provide the Websites, Products and Services to our Subscribers, and we will retain and use such personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our rights and agreements.
If you are a Subscriber, then we will delete your information upon your request, provided that, notwithstanding such request, such information may be retained for as long as you maintain an account for our Websites, Products or Services, or as needed to provide you with our Websites, Products or Services, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our rights and agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Websites, Products or Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to info (at) rapportboost.ai or write us at:
3451 Via Montebello #192-502
Carlsbad, CA 92009
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, Products or Services, you are responsible for keeping such password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Websites, Products or Services. The information that you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Websites, Products or Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Websites, Products or Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or in our Websites, Products or Services, or for the unauthorized disclosure of or access to your information by others.
European Union Users
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include, without limitation:
- Performing the contract we have with you and/or Subscribers: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver our Websites, Products and Services to you and/or Subscribers.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, tax laws require us to retain records of transactions and payments made through the Websites, Products and Services.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means that we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we use identity, device and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Websites, Products and Services secure. We also may send you promotional communications about the Websites, Products and Services, subject to your right to control whether we do so. We analyze how users interact with the Website, Products and Services, so that we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, if you are a citizen or resident of the European Economic Area, then you also have the right to (i) object to the Company’s use of your personal information and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the lead supervisory authority in the European Union.
United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire
SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
Telephone: +0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct and request deletion of your personal information.
It is our policy to post any changes that we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on our Website home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of this page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, then please feel free to e-mail us at info (at) rapportboost.ai or write to us at the following address:
3451 Via Montebello #192-502
Carlsbad, CA 92009