Software Engineer in Venice, CA
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Software Engineer in Venice, CA that is comfortable in a rapidly changing, early stage start-up environment. There may be an opportunity for the right candidate to start part-time or as a consultant and transition to full time in 2-4 months.
Our ideal candidate is ready to help build an exciting product in the AI / Conversational Commerce space, and is a hands-on engineer with a deep understanding of building and scaling software.
- Own the development of our SaaS platform – including optimization of existing systems, building of complex software systems that are scalable and performant, and leading technical strategy
- Work closely with Product, Data Science, and Sales to define project specifications and build technical requirements
- Serve as the Engineering leader, owner, and operator
- Stay up to date with Engineering best practices and technologies
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5-7 years of software development experience, preferably in a rapidly changing company where performance and scalability were paramount
- Success leading the architecture and launch of high-performance customer-facing applications using prototypes and customer input as guidelines
- Professional experience using Python and well-established Python web frameworks
- Strong understanding of programming paradigms including procedural, functional, and object-oriented
- Experience with a broad set of common programming languages and building software at all levels
- Proven ability to build relationships and work positively with individuals at all levels and ability to understand key concepts and communicate with technical staff and lines of business
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or 10+ years professional experience in Engineering
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with a variety of databases (MySQL, Postgres, Mongo) and scaling them
- Implementing and managing cluster-compute frameworks (e.g. – Spark)
- Experience with Docker and deploying software to production environments
- Success building a messaging app or projects related to conversational commerce, call centers, live chat, marketing / sales automation, or bots
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Learn more about the live chat sales solutions from the awesome team at RapportBoost.